Doing an ‘energy audit’ for your home, school or office is not rocket science. Here are a bunch of ‘how to’ links.
- The Home Energy Saver - Lawrence Berkeley Livermore Labs on how to do a home energy audit.
- Energy Smart Schools - done in Honolulu, Hawaii under the aegis of Rebuild Hawaii.
- High School Energy Audit workbook and training manual (don’t be afraid of checking this out for lower grade levels!)
- Here’s a fun site for kids, with an educational side for adults at EnergyHog.org
- Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Audits - This one is from the US Department of Energy.
- Here’s a printable Home Insulation Lesson Plan for students and families.
- Energy Conservation Lesson Plans for elementary, middle and high school levels.
- Get a professional Home Energy TuneUp (available in most states) at this website.
- Here’s a Green Schools Program for the following states: California, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania. New programs are under development in Texas, Virginia, and Washington, DC. For other states, click here for tips on starting such a program.