This is one of the lowest hanging fruits. Research shows that taking steps to improve you energy efficiency have the best ratios of savings to cost of all. These are some of the first places you should start in your effort to counter global warming.
- The US Dept of Energy actually has a pretty good website on Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
- In one word Insulate. Here’s a list of links to sites on home insulation tips.
- Another one from the US DOE, a Fact Sheet on Insulation from the Oak Ridge National Lab.
- Here’s one from the Energy SavingTrust in the UK.
- The American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy has a great Consumer’s Guide to Home Energy Savings.
Please let us know when you find things here that you implement successfully. We love success stories.